Monday 10 November 2008

Preparations for the Revival Conference at Greenock

scotland_115x200.jpgGreg Gordon, Gareth Evans and Eli Brayley stayed in Reading overnight. They are 'touring' the UK and en route to the European Revival Conference to be held at Greenock later this month; Revival Conference. Greenock 25th-28th November Plans are now well advanced and over 1000 people have registered their intention to attend. In many hearts expectations are high that God will use the time spent together significantly. I am scheduled to take a 'break-out' session and may be involved in the question and answer session. You can see some of the sessions streamed on the internet. Unlike the American Conference these times should suit UK and European folks better.

The speakers will be from various backgrounds and will all attend without fee or traveling expenses. I mention this because I think it is a good indication of the stirring of God's Spirit in this willingness of busy men to set aside this time at their own cost to share their heart's burden for revival.

I have been thinking much about the Conference in these days and spending time in 'orientation' before the Lord. The question that I return to again and again is 'just what are we asking for and what are we expecting?' The word 'revival' is used in so many different ways that it is easy to talk 'past one another' and fail to communicate altogether. There is a scattering of 'definitions of revival' around the Sermonindex forums, all with their unique focus.

For myself the Conference is coinciding with a time when I am 'fizzing' with the wonder of the New Covenant. 'Fizzing?' well, in Psalm 45 the Psalmist declares:
My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer. Psa 45:1 NKJV
The Psalmist is describing conscious revelation. Surely this is the way we must always preach/prophesy. The bubbling heart must speak concerning what it sees of the king but the speaker is aware that his 'tongue' is in the hand of the Author. This will be my prayer above all others at this time; that each speaker will 'overflow' with their theme and be conscious of a heavenly guidance in their utterances. Please do pray for us all.

No comments: